Sunday, May 22, 2011

OMG, Summer's Here!




Clearly, we're very excited.
Leo's 10 months old now--10 months!?!--and is Everywhere. He started crawling during our final exams--awesome timing--and was off like a rocket. I am racing around all day trying to keep him from falling and climbing into the fireplace, etc. Is this how people lose those last 5 pounds of baby weight?
It's been a busy semester--as it always is, but this one was particularly challenging, being my first ever as a parent....
But now, it's summer! And there are so many things I can't wait to do. Take Leo to the beach for the first time, sign up for some mama-baby swimming classes, read LOTS of books, maybe actually get to SEW or KNIT!
Strangely enough, I do most of my knitting during the summer months, probably due more to my academic schedule rather than an A/C-inspired chill. I'm hoping for another good summer of projects, since the last thing I finished was this:
Pattern: Seed Stitch Baby Jacket by Elinor Brown
Yarn: Cascade 220
I love this little jacket--it is squishy and warm and has kept Leo toasty all winter. But I did finish it a while ago, so it's time to get those needles dusted off and start something new! We've had kind of an epidemic of pregnancies in the Spiders in the last year (Don't want kids? You'd better not knit with us, it's contagious!), so I've got a bit of baby-knitting to do. But I'm really looking forward to knitting something for myself for the first time in almost 2 years.
Time to get on Ravelry and see what all of you are knitting out there! Something good, I'm sure.