Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hexagon Love

There has been an awful lot of awesome hexagon action around the internets lately, and I am by no means immune to their appeal:

Yarn:Noro Kureyon, colors 124 and 88, about 1.2 balls each
Pattern: Hexagon How-to from Attic24 (which is awesome, BTW!)
Raveled here!I really love Noro. Some people find it scratchy; I just don't care. The colors make up for anything lacking in the way of texture, in my opinion.
And hexagons are great too. They're about all I can handle, mentally, during this pre-finals part of the semester. Keeping track of where I am in a sweater doesn't work so well when I have to put it down for weeks on end.
Which is why I also started a blanket, using stash yarn!Yarn: Knitpicks Swish Bare (white) and Fleece Artist BFL Aran (green)
Pattern: Hexagon How-to from Attic24
Maya's super-cool hexagons inspired me--plus, I can do these without thinking, planning, keeping track of anything.... Perfect for a study-break, and some "Real Housewives of New York City".... ;)