Thursday, October 09, 2008

Indigo Ripples Skirt

365.3 (ripples in motion)
Pattern: Indigo Ripples Skirt by Kat Coyle
Yarn: Rowan Denim in Nashville--I think it was 9 skeins
Needles: US 4 Lace Addi Turbos
Ravelry Link
Indigo Ripples Skirt
As I stated before, this was purely a project, not a process, knit for me. I did not really enjoy knitting it. That's a lot of tiny stitches it takes to encircle one's bottom! And the Rowan Denim, while a rich, yummy shade of indigo, was a little tough and it turned my fingers quite blue. But I wanted this skirt, I really wanted it. And after running out of yarn in Israel, and ordering more from England, I finished it just in time to wear it for the last month of summer.Indigo Ripples Skirt
It is breezy and cool, and the lace lets in just the right amount of air on a warm summer day. It is everything I was hoping it would be--an easy summer skirt that is flirty without being too sexy.

... and from behind
And mere moments after concluding this photo shoot, the new remote for my camera arrived. Yippee, no more self-timer!!!