Sunday, June 29, 2008

Working HARD

... um, at knitting?Yup, I have been spending my days in various, semi-reclining positions, knitting away on a summer linen top. Occasionally I take a break to scarf down some hummus or take a shower, or read a few pages of Shogun, but that's about it. Oh, and I made this:
Vitalay's parents gave me all of these gorgeous, unprocessed amber beads in an effort to help my under-active thyroid. His mama is quite an accomplished herbalist, and a nurse, so I pretty much do whatever she tells me to.
Garlic, one of the family favorites:Their house is like a little patch of paradise, cool and surrounded by wide porches and a lush garden full of fruit trees and herbs.
I don't know what this one is, but it was described to me as "a mini-orange" and then plopped into my mouth. Perhaps it was the look of shock on my face or the hesitation before chewing that prompted the additional explanation, "And you eat the peel too." Oh. OK.
Baby strawberry!
My poor BF is getting his wisdom teeth out this week, so it's more likely that I'll have knitting to show you before any exciting travel pics of Jerusalem. Wish us luck--I was sick for a week when I got mine out, so I'm hoping it goes a lot smoother for him.