Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hemlock Ring Blanket


Pattern: Hemlock Ring Blanket by Jared Flood
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, just over 2 skeins
Needles: Addi US 3
More info here.
Peeps, this should be a lesson to me: Never cast on during final exams!!! Now, I loved the pattern. Gorgeous, gorgeous pattern. Loved the yarn too. Those semi-solids or whatever they're called? Beautiful.
But to cast on for a lace baby blanket with SIZE 3 NEEDLES? For a baby whose shower was 2 weeks away? Well, that just goes to show what happens after too many days of studying chemistry.
I did not *quite* finish it on time. Not having looked at the bind-off till I got there, I didn't realize it was going to take me as long as it did.
But it was delivered 2 days later, and I don't think Baby Cassidy minded much--she showed up a little earlier than expected, and thus was very understanding about my tardiness.