Friday, November 02, 2007

The Last Last Rhinebeck Post

I know Rhinebeck is, like, SO old news, so I'll make it short and sweet, I promise.I went up with a few of my darling Spiders: Katy, Jess F&P, me, Carrie.
A Spider pumpkin!
And sweet it was; we ate ourselves sick. After fried artichokes and cider and apple crisps and kettle corn, both Jess and I were moaning from excruciating stomach pain. But hey, what's a day at a festival without overindulging yourself to the point of illness?It was a gorgeous day--a little warmer than usual for this time of year, but who's complaining? I know it will be cold soon enough. Fortunately, the leaves had started to change, and we city girls were in awe at their brilliance:I bought lots of lovely things, but the loveliest of all was some beautiful Springtide Cashmere:2 ounces each of off-white and charcoal gray. I've started swatching the gray, which is going to be some uber-soft fingerless gloves. And then I found these:Some teeny tiny metal dpns! I loved them so much, I bought them in sizes 0, 1, 1 1/2, and 2. They're a brand called Hiya Hiya, which I know nothing about, but they're nice and sharp. What's not to love?
And last but not least, I was lucky enough to have another round of visitors from afar:
Diarmaid, Johnny, Lindsay, and Emily, who came all the way from Ireland! I had such a good time with these kids, who are, incidentally, phenomenal musicians, and who I just don't get to see enough of. Come back soon, my Irish pals!