Wednesday, July 04, 2007

"Let's Pretend We're Bunny Rabbits"

I've been busy:
Making the bunny skirt!
OK, I was totally remiss in my last post: the bunny, and polka dot fabrics, are from Purl Patchwork, and the tiny flower fabric is from Brooklyn General.
I put in an invisible zipper, for the 2nd time ever, and it went really well!
Veronique and I also discovered the Blind Hem Stitch on our machines, and it is FANTASTIC!!! We can't stop hemming:
The underside:
And last week, I finished the sundress that I started a YEAR ago:
It is girly and summery, and I'm quite pleased. This was before I discovered that I can hem on the machine, however, so I actually hemmed this whole thing BY HAND. That's OK, though, I had far-flung friends keeping me company on Skype while I laboriously sewed. ;)
Happy 4th of July, everyone!

ETA: The skirt is the "Meandering Vines" pattern (which is a simple A-line) from Sew What! Skirts. The sundress, however, was made in a wonderful class I took at Purl Patchwork from Heather Ross, and is her original pattern. I'm not sure if it is available, but I wish it were, b/c it was really fun to make, and Heather is an awesome teacher/designer. :)