Wednesday, June 20, 2007

How Did This Happen?

Um, is this for real?


My New York age is 16

This New York age puts you-generally speaking-into the young category. That's what you were hoping for, right? Run and tell your friends. Then get drunk (as usual). Then sleep it off. Then pop an Adderall. Then come back and consider experimenting with a more mature type of New York life (just once in a while). Have you ever been to the Village Vanguard or the Living Theatre? Eaten at Elaine's? Taken a date to Michael Feinstein? Before you laugh, check 'em out and see what old-school NYC experiences you can add to the new.

Does your age reflect how you're living? Let us know.

What's your New York age? Take the Time Out New York quiz and find out!



OK, I know I am not exactly settled and mature for my age (29), but come on! 16? I thought I was a little classier than that.
Guess not.
So, I got back to New York last week, and began the unanticipated readjustment period of returning home after 3 months. I was ready for everything to be culture-shocking and crazy while abroad, but I never thought home would seem so strange once I came back.
Fortunately, Veronique was around all week to keep me busy with sewing, shopping, and general planning for her impending move into mi casa!
And I met up with my beloved Spiders, who I missed SOOO MUCH, for the 3rd annual Renegade Craft Fair--and I have no photo for that.
And then, after all of this traveling, my Mom booked me a ticket to Hotlanta for a week of family togetherness! So I packed [yet another] bag, boarded [yet another] plane, and am now lounging in classic Georgia-style relaxation.
And maybe, just maybe, I bought some yarn. That might be cashmere and silk, and might be a particular shade of green that we're so fond of over here.
And it just might be becoming a Swallowtail Shawl....