Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm still here!

Hey, everyone! Sorry for the looooong hiatus in posting, but for the past month, I've been studying yoga in an ashram in India. I've only been able to use a computer once a week (!) at a very substandard Internet joint in the town of Nasik--a very holy city, if not a very technologically advanced one.
But there's only a few more days left of my program, and then I'll be set loose in India! I have big plans to head to Mumbai with some friends from the ashram, where we'll eat all the things that were forbidden for the past 4 weeks, and check out the Bollywood scene. After that I'll be all over, checking out the beach in Goa, the Dalai Lama's scene up in Dharamsala, and viewing the lovely Taj Mahal. India is SO amazing and beautiful and strange all at the same time. It's also very hot and dusty, but that's manageable.
I'm not getting a ton of knitting done--I've been working on the same pair of socks since I left NYC--but when you are getting up at 5 AM and having a 17 hour day packed with yoga, meditation, and chanting, the knitting tends to falter a bit.
Anyway, here's a couple of photos--more to come when I make it to Mumbai and have better computer access.
Me and friend Monica (also a Georgia girl!) in the village of Trimbak:
There are cows everyhere!
Me, meditating on top of a mountain at sunrise:
The girls:
OK, there's lots more to come, I promise! I hope everyone is doing well out there in blogland!