Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Three Little Mittens

Since we only live 3 blocks from each other, we do like to knit the same things:
Lisa, Veronique, and me!
Of course, they're both done with their second mittens, but alas, I am still chugging along. But I finished the everlasting cuff, at least. Lisa's is Louet Gems Pearl, and mine and V's are Habu cashmere--hers is 3 ply and mine is 2 ply.
Now go and visit Lisa and send her your well-wishes--she had a bit of a skiing accident, and is incapacitated right now. Yikes, skiing is scary!
And now, for the latest meme. I couldn't resist this one, it was called Bookworm, and when I grabbed a book... well, you'll see.

BOOKWORM – nabbed from One Scheme of Happiness

Instructions:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag 5 people


So I picked up the nearest book in my office, which happens to be "Running With Scissors" by Augusten Burroughs, turned to page 123, and got this:
"No, no, no, that's not what I mean."
The next 3:
"It would be a staged suicide attempt. A ruse."
"Oh," I said.

Can't quite find the day's motto in that, but it did make me laugh!
And I'm not so great with tagging, so if you want to be tagged, you're it!

And just for fun: In case you don't know what to do with that old dollhouse....