Thursday, January 25, 2007

Not Much Knitting Happening Here...

...but I swear, I've been busy! Last week, Casa Yarnmonster was invaded by our very talented Australian friend, Michael, who was in town to attend a music conference. Also here were my dad and our two Irish friends, Eamon and Kevin, but they weren't all staying in my apartment! They were all here to promote their show, Music at the Crossroads, which is SO amazing, and if you're ever in Galway, or if they come here, I strongly recommend it (they're also online here). I pretty much spend the whole week with these guys, with one quick dip into the Point for Spiders, and wow, was I exhausted by the end of it! But I did get to see a lot of really fantastic music (and some pretty weird acts as well) and spend some QT with friends and fam.
So to save this post from being picture-less, remember all of that Christmas knitting I was doing? I think I forgot to ever show off the actual FO'S!
So here are my Mom's Norwegian Mittens:
See how happy she is? That's because she lives in Georgia, where it's not even cold enough outside to put on a jacket when she photographs her mittens! We'd be that happy too, if we were modeling our mittens in 60 degree sunshine.
And little brother David's pirate socks:
People, welcome to the nightmare that is intarsia in the round. If I ever try that again, the pattern is going to have to be so irresistible, so beautiful, that I can't help but knit it. But Lil' Davie liked his socks, and that's what's important, right?
And Dad's scarf:
Again, displayed outdoors among Georgia greenery. But he requested it, so what was I to do? I was very glad to see it in action this week in NYC, though, wrapped snuggly around my dad's neck. There's nothing quite as yummy as the feeling one gets from seeing one's handknits keeping our loved ones warm and happy, is there?
Now I'm off to (hopefully) sew the hem and facings on a dress I started making, oh, 4 or 5 months ago. And cast on for Anemoi Mitt #2!
And BTW, I am SO glad everyone likes the tutorial so much! It was so much fun to make, I feel like doing another one. Hmm, does anyone want to learn how to play the ukulele...?