Sunday, December 24, 2006

Yarnmonster on Vacation

This blog is officially on vacay:
I am in Tucson, AZ. After three hours of sitting on the runway at Newark airport on Thursday, I (drum roll)... FINISHED all my Christmas knitting! Woo hoo!
So now I have time for leisurely pursuits again. Yesterday, we took a drive out to Gates Pass, a mountainous area covered with cacti, for some knitwear photography. Birch and the Hourglass Sweater are old FOs, but they never had very nice pictures taken of them, and I felt that they deserved better.
More photos here.
I also brought 3 small projects along to keep me busy during the trip, as the holidays can often involve much sitting around, both on runways and off.
The stockings have progressed a little:
And I started some of Eunny's Endpaper Mitts in 2 colors of Koigu: And, after much swatching and planning and debating, I decided to go with the Kimono-Shawl-turned-scarf pattern for the Christmas cashmere:It's been nice getting a chance to frolic in the sunshine a little bit--the weather here in Arizona is very pleasant during the day, tho' it gets a little chilly at night.
I hope everyone out there is having a Merry Christmas Eve, or what ever holiday you may be celebrating! See you all soon--next stop on this blog is Cancun, where I'll be meeting up with my family!