Sunday, December 10, 2006

Holiday Mania

I have been knitting away on my Christmas gifts over here, and despite this, am making NO progress on the Christmas Self-Torture in my sidebar because I KEEP ADDING MORE!!! People, loved ones, if you're reading this, we are officially closed to any further requests over here! No more! My fingers are raw and my elbows ache. Why, oh why, did I do this to myself?
Occasionally, however, I have to put all of these gifts aside and work a couple of rows on these:
Mmm, Norwegian Stockings, I love you! And I have to say, I'm *loving* the Baby Ull! The analogy that comes to mind is milk chocolate-y softness, but this may be inspired by the color as well.
But I know a post all about Top Secret Christmas Knitting is less than thrilling, so I included some snippets of what I have been working on. Family, read on only if you WANT to see the snippets, otherwise, catch ya later!
Hand-dyed Kona Superwash:
Knitpicks Telemark:
Zara:
RYC Cashsoft DK:
And then sometimes I just lose all self control. I read this post and was consumed by the need to make a dishrag:
It's crumpled 'cause I use it!
And then the writer of said post informs me of this:Wow, a Mason-Dixon sampler for just $15.99? Who could resist? Not this Yarnmonster, obviously.
But now it's time to buckle down. Make some tea, stick a pillow behind my back (maybe a heating pad too), queue up some Law & Order on the DVR, and get knitting!