Monday, November 13, 2006

Domestic Bliss

First of all, I just have to say thank you to everyone for your sweet comments. They cheered me up so much, and it made me feel so much better to be reminded what awesome friends I have, in blogland and IRL. You guys all rock!
Anyway, this week is starting off a lot better, and I've been a busy Yarnmonster over here! Saturday was absolutely beautiful, and Veronique invited me along to meet several bloggers at Purl. I had never met Yahaira, Angela, Diana, or Jared before, and was very excited to do so. They were all very cool, as knitters tend to be. Nice to meet you, everyone! Also present were Jess, Sandra, and Carrie, so it was a whole day of knitbloggerly fun. We migrated to Brooklyn General too, which is so adorable and cozy in their lovely new space! If you haven't stopped by yet, make a trip over there, it's a really cute and friendly shop.
I bought some great fabric and Purl Patchwork, and rather than let it gather any dust in The Closet, I sat down and sewed it all up yesterday!Would you like a martini, dahling?
Patterns: Apron is from Amy Butler's In Stitches and Mitt is from Denyse Schmidt Quilts.
Fabric: Both are Anna Griffin for Windham Fabrics Elsie's Kitchen, purchased at Purl Patchwork.
I love both of these books--they are such beautiful and inspirational books, and the project instructions are very clear and detailed. This took up my entire Sunday, but I am a pretty hopelessly clumsy sewer. I think someone more experienced could whip them out a little faster.
BTW, sorry for the HORRENDOUS photos, the sun hasn't shone since Saturday, and my photographer is booked solid. :) You people deserve better.
But I had to show you the Bog Jacket:
All I have left is the zipper! Huzzah! It fits really well too, which was a relief, since my arm shaping was sort of a gamble. But I'm really happy with it. Better, finished photos to come, I promise.
That's all for now! And I hope you like the new look--we're transitioning to fall/winter over here at Yarnmonster.