Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Tribute to Project Perseverance

I have some FO's to share!
Pattern: Norwegian Mittens from Knitting Around by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn: Knitpicks Telemark in Northern and Bayberry
Needles: US #3 Addi Turbos, 32"I am thrilled with these mittens--I love how they look, and they were fun to knit. Who knew I liked colorwork? The only problem I had was same one Fig and Plum has complained of: my first mitten was a WAY looser gauge than the second, so now I kind of want to knit the first one over. We'll see if that ever happens, though.
Also, I finally have my ONE contribution to Socktoberfest:
My corded rib socks are finally done! Don't ask me any details, I no longer remember them. They were on size 4's, I got the yarn at MDSW, and I used a stitch pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch.
Also finished my first Project Purchased at Rhinebeck:
And a mere week after the day itself!
Pattern: Stuffed Mittens Kit from Greenwood Hill Farms
Yarn: Worsted merino from Greenwood Hill Farms, plus some white merino roving
Needles: US #4 and #6 Addi Turbos
These mittens are SO warm and snuggly! The inside is full of super-soft merino roving, perfect to nestle my cold hands in on a wintery day.
Friday night was another lovely meeting of the Spiders at the Point, and we all got to meet Melissa, whose blog has much intrigued us with its many secret projects. I got to fondle one of these super-secrets, and I have to say, with secret projects like that, I think I would stay in my house and knit 24-7. It was great to finally meet you, Melissa!
And then, I came home to Brooklyn for a little pre-Halloween fun:
We really know how to party at my house.