Saturday, September 30, 2006

Hedera Socks!

They're finally done!
Pattern: Hedera from Knitty
Yarn: Tess Supersock (purchased at MDSW), I think the colorway is Frog Kisses
Needles: US #1 Addi Turbos, 32"
Mods: None!!!
I started these on the plane on the way to Ireland, and finished them this Wednesday night. So they took a while, but they were a great travel knit, with a fun/interesting pattern, but not too complicated for my poor jet-lagged brain. And I cannot say enough good things about the Tess sock yarn! This stuff is fantastic--it has a little nylon, a nice bit of stretch, and I love the almost-solid, almost-variegated nature of this particular colorway. Yay for Tess!
Photos courtesy of my darling little brother David, who politely agreed to take some pics of my socks before we began our Big Day O' Sightseeing yesterday. He's visiting me from Atlanta--his first solo visit to come and see me, ever!--and I was determined that he see Everything Cool in NYC. He's still got all of the Tour of NYC photos on his camera, but here's one of us in Ireland:
I heart my little brother!