Monday, September 18, 2006

96 Rocks

Well, the Marist Class of '96 Reunion has come and gone. And I gotta tell you, it's a good thing it only rolls around every 10 years, because I think we're all going to need that long to recover. Everyone was in fine form that night.
I went with my two bestest pals, Katharine and Anoushka:

So I was totally shocked by how much fun it was. I thought it would be sort of fun, in a weird, surreal sort of way, but what surprised me was the ease with which everyone slipped back into high-school friendliness. I mean, we went to a pretty small school, and spent every day with each other for 4 long years. We know a lot about each other.
Lots of people have kids now. Three girls were pregnant, 2 of them with baby #2! I was impressed with how motivated my class has been to reproduce. I still can't get used to the fact that we crossed that invisible line when the reply to, "I'm pregnant!" changed from, "Oh, $&^#, what are you going to do?" to "Congratulations!" When did that happen???
But we are older now, and one of the best things about being older was seeing everyone hanging out having fun together, even people that weren't maybe all that tight 10 years ago. It made me actually miss high school!!! All in all, it was a total success. I'm very glad I went. '96 Rocks!