Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Humble Beginnings

Since I obviously didn't already have enough hobbies, and have SO much free time I just don't know what to do with myself (that's sarcasm, in case it gets lost in translation), I decided to take a quilting class at Purl Patchwork. I bought the Denyse Schmidt book quite a while back and have been obsessing over it for months, so I figured it was time to get some instruction from the professionals.
After my first class, I was sent home with instructions to cut, and begin to sew together my block pieces:
And finish one, the log cabin block:
And by the end of the second class, I had all 4 of my quilt blocks finished! Hooray!
It's going to be a mini-quilt, people. It's a 3-week class, you didn't expect me to make a king-size, did you?
My big plan is to make a summertime quilt for our bed after this. Lots of greens, not as girly as what you see above. I think it can be done. But I'll wait and see how class #3 goes--you never know, things could get much more complicated before it's over ;)