Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sizzle It!

She's done!
Pattern: Sizzle by Wendy of Knit and Tonic
Yarn: Rowan Calmer, 4 balls (only used a bit of ball 4)
Needles: US 7 Addis
Mods: I knitted it in the round up till I had to split for the V. For some reason, my V doesn't look as deep as hers, and I wish it did, but oh well. Got a bit of the "rowing out" effect once I started knitting back and forth--hence my desire to knit everything in the round--my purl gauge is WAY OFF from my knit gauge. But the pattern was very well-written, and it was a quick, easy knit--highly recommended. One other note: the bottom ended up being a little loose--a reversal of my usual experience--and I wish I had tried it on to check.
But on the whole, I am pleased. Now I have a nice cotton summer knit to wear--maybe it will make its debut this Friday?
Next project on the horizon? I have 5 skeins of Classic Elite Premiere, a super-soft pima/tencel blend, and I'm thinking of a delicate, strappy tank for it. Razor cami is currently the front runner. But I've got an hour and a half to peruse patterns before my date with Project Runway, Jamie and some Ben & Jerry's begins.