Sunday, July 02, 2006

Hotlanta

I'm still on vacay here in Atlanta, and I have to tell you, I'm enjoying every minute of it. My parents live a ways north of the city, and out here there is fresh, clean air, lots of trees, and even some farms. I love it.
The trip was made even better by the surprise discovery that my friend Caitlin was in town with her baby, Charlotte!

Caitlin came over with her sleepy little cutie so both my mom and I could get our fill of baby wonderfulness. After a week visiting her grandparents, Charlotte was a little tuckered out, and spent a good deal of time sleeping in my mom's lap. Which was fine until Mom told Dad she was pretending this was HER grandchild--yikes!! Mom, we're not quite ready for that--though I've managed to keep the dog alive for 5 years, the houseplants still keep dying.
She did wake up at the end to demand some libation:
Don't I look fascinated? I am fascinated by all aspects of Charlotte, especially that she belongs to my dear friend Caitlin who I have known since 8th grade. Very, very crazy.
Off to the city tomorrow for some vintage shopping. I'm hoping for some Levis and a couple of $2 t-shirts. I'll let you know if I find anything.