Monday, March 13, 2006

Quiet Sunday Spinning

Yesterday was a little rainy and dreary-looking here in NY, so Jamie and I were happy to spend the entire day in our beloved office (see previous post for more office details than you ever wanted). He was... on the computer, I guess I have no idea what he was doing over there. And I was spinning some super-soft dyed merino I got from Rhinebeck.

We played all our favorite playlists--we have all the computers on a network so we can play music from any of them on Jamie's computer with the speakers--and were so wrapped up in our pursuits that we forgot to eat! Here are the fruits of my labor:

One was finished a couple of days ago, the other was begun and completed yesterday. And I still have more of the merino! I don't know what I'm going to make with it, it is super-bulky and soft--maybe a hat?
We ended the day with Mexican food (of course) and Grey's Anatomy, and a nice long chat with Caitlin--there's nothing quite as nice as catching up with a friend you haven't talked to in a while, is there? Email is great and all, but never as cheering as a phone call can be. Anyone have any suggestions for simple but cute knitting books of baby stuff for her?
No time for spinning today, but I'll be sure to post more photos when there is. And the Noro wrap is still coming along nicely, though I don't think we need to see any more progress shots of that!