Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Pain, Thy Name is Kara

So today, Heather and I joined Kara for an hour-and-a-half long yoga class at Jivamukti, after Kara insisted that she really doesn't feel like the longer classes are really that much more strenuous than the 45 minute ones. We, demonstrating complete gullibility, believed her. Now, in hindsight, I realize that I should have recalled how last Friday, Kara emailed that she would be unable to attend ballet due to a Jivamukti-induced catatonic state. But no, my brain was not its sharpest, and off we went.
It was a great class, to be sure. But when you feel, immediately after your yoga class, like you're already going to die, you know you're in for a tough couple of days. Fortunately the Fresh Direct came today, so I won't even have to venture out for sustenance. At one point, the teacher came over and bent me further into my pose, in a way that I don't have the muscle strength to bend myself. She smiled and said, "You know, so you feel it tomorrow." I was so contorted, I couldn't quite move my lips enough to tell her that that wouldn't really be an issue.
In non-pain related news, look what arrived!

Not the Phildar magazines, I got those on my honeymoon, but the Knitting Languages by Margaret Heathman! It has even got a Japanese knitting glossary! How cool is that? Now I'm just waiting for that supercool Phildar with the Cache-Coeur to arrive, and I will be on my translating way. I can't wait!