Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Devastation, On An Olympic Level

Today I decided to be like my friend Caitlin and take a day of bedrest. Unlike Caitlin, I am not pregnant (that would have really sent me over the edge), but have been feeling a little under the weather for the past few days, and when I felt a headache comig on last night, I knew it was time for a day of complete laziness. Sometimes if you just force yourself to do nothing for a day when you feel something coming on, it goes away. That's my hope anyway, because after today, I can't spend one more minute in bed!
So as I was flopping around, trying to be comfortable and release the stress from my body, I got the brilliant idea that, if I was going to be in bed all day, I may as well be picking out the seams of the Olympic Disaster Sweater, since I need to reknit the fronts. And yes, I had sewn every seam, and then woven in every end, painstakingly, INTO every seam. And so I sat, with a darning needle to pick out the yarn and scissors, and took the thing completely apart. All that remains are the back, 2 sleeves, and a lot of little balls of yarn:

This took hours, people! So much for stress free. But now the worst of it is done. I don't mind re-knitting, though I'm not looking forward to sewing it all together again, but the taking-apart was what I was really dreading. Now it's all back in its little shopping bag in the closet, in hopes that in a few more days, I'll be able to look at it again.

On a lighter note, the Noro Kureyon Cartridge Rib Wrap is coming along quite nicely--I couldn't be more pleased with the loftiness of the stitch and the beautiful colors. I like this yarn far more than I ever expected to!

And look at this tasty bit I picked up at the Point last night! We were all fascinated, as we all have many a lonely skein waiting around to be given a new life. This book has lots of really cute things in it, and while I think that refering to a project as "one skein" when it actually uses an 800+ yard cone is kind of a stretch, most of them are truly minimalist. Bravo, Leigh Radford! We salute you!