Thursday, February 16, 2006

My faithful monster, enjoying the only patch of afternoon sunlight in the apartment.

I've been working away like mad on my Top Secret knitted gift for Kara's birthday party on Saturday. I had to put aside my Olympic knitting project:

a self-designed ballet wrap sweater (knit in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, yum) for a bit in order to get in some work on said Top Secret project. Good thing I had my very favorite reality TV show, Project Runway, to keep me company, and good thing my fave designer, Daniel V, won the challenge. Way to go Daniel! This knitter salutes you!
I have two new gifts to myself, these incredibly tempting things:

I spent an hour on the computer tonight (avoiding my knitted gift project) checking out various yarns to use for my favorite projects in these magazines. Never mind that they are tank tops and there is snow on the ground, or that I have so much yarn it has its own closet. That's all beside the point.
And then, one more finished object to add, though this one isn't knitted. Here is my very first quilting project, the Hold-Me-Close Heating Pad Cover from Denyse Schmidt Quilts:

It was kind of a lot of work, as I hand-quilted it, but I love it now that it's done, and drag it all over the house with me. I need it to soothe my aching muscles after all this Olympic knitting!